Tips for New Patients:
- Please arrive at the surgery center at least one hour prior to your appointment.
- Bring all of your current medications or a complete list of your medications.
- Bring your insurance card and a photo ID.
Some Important Dos and Dont’s:
- Don’t eat or drink (including water, gum and mints) after midnight on the day of your surgery or as directed by the surgery center staff or physician.
- Don’t smoke after midnight on the day of your surgery.
- If you are taking any prescribed medications, do check with the surgery center nurse or physician to see if you should continue to take them (with a sip of water) on the day of your procedure.
- You may bathe or shower on the morning of your surgery, but don’t apply any lotions or perfume.
- You may also brush your teeth on the morning of your surgery (taking care not to swallow any water).
- On the day of your surgery, wear something comfortable you can get in and out of easily. Also, bring a pair of socks.
- Leave jewelry and other valuable items at home.
- Prior to surgery, remove all make up, nail polish, hairpins, wigs, false eyelashes, eyeglasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, and dentures (full and partial). Bring a container from home to store these items.
- A urine specimen may be required on the day of your surgery. After checking in, please ask the nurse before going to the bathroom.
- Following your surgery, do not take any medications other than those prescribed to you by your physician. Ask your physician when it is safe to resume taking your usual medications.
- Prior to the day of your surgery, arrange for an adult to drive you home after your procedure.
- Ask a responsible adult to stay with you for 24 hours following your surgery.
- Do not drive for 24 hours following your surgery.
- Do get plenty of rest following your surgery.